25. Mai 2007

Magic League

I discovered the Magic league.
Today I played 8-person single elimination TS constructed tourney. Due to the single elimination, I played only against 2 opps before I got eliminated. I played with the following list:

// Lands
9 [TSP] Island (1)
1 [TSP] Urza's Factory
4 [TSP] Terramorphic Expanse
7 [TSP] Forest (2)

// Creatures
4 [FUT] Tarmogoyf
4 [FUT] Maelstrom Djinn
4 [PLC] Groundbreaker
1 [TSP] Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir
4 [TSB] Wall of Roots
2 [TSB] Mystic Snake

// Spells
4 [TSB] Psionic Blast
4 [TSP] Cancel
3 [TSP] Chromatic Star
3 [TSP] Careful Consideration
3 [PLC] Harmonize
3 [PLC] Utopia Vow

// Sideboard
SB: 1 [TSP] Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir
SB: 3 [TSB] Spike Feeder
SB: 3 [FUT] Riftsweeper
SB: 4 [FUT] Thornweald Archer
SB: 4 [PLC] Seal of Primordium

So its a TS version of my Tarmo.dec

Round 1 - UG control (Mattmono)

Game 1
I was quite fast and Tarmo beated well. Not much the say here, but the aggro plan worked very well.

Game 2
I sided in the riftsweepers for random beats as I saw a aeon chronicler game 1. actually it worked very well - I countered multiple chronicles and prevented him from drawing a lot of cards. on about 12 life he got a stormbind out which gave me a total of 4 damage. I finally got a teferi out, which was the only useably beater on the table next to a morph from him - which was vesuvan shapeshifter. he killed teferi with it. Then I drew Urza's factory for the win, backed up with some other beats from carddraw.

2-0

Round 2 - UG control (sandoiche)

Game 1
He drew only lands and I nearly goldfished for an easy 1-0.

Game 2
Because I expected a similar list i sided in 2 riftsweeper as well, because they were so strong in the first round. I mulliganed to 4 cards, holding a bunch of lands and a harmonize. unfortunately I didnt got one of the sweepers, when the card-advantage-machine aeon chronicler hit the table once again - this time with 7 counters on it! evil. I definitely lost when hellkite, spectral force and stormbind hit the table, so I hoped for G3.

Game 3
I was playing the full seth of sweepers again. better. unfortantely it wasnt that a bomb as in the games before - still, I wrecked one chronicler, which always seems to be an important action, as it prevents my opp from drawing a load of cards, counters a big beater and is even a 2/2 beater by itself. anyway, this time this didn't help much, as we got an a stalled game quite fast. I think I made some play mistakes here, so that he kept his 15 life points, were I was on 13... then the time was up. Anyway, He was ready to turn a spectral force and some assembly worker sideways, so I would have lost anyway.

1-2 eliminated

Pro:
Tarmo.dec for being competitive
Riftsweeper for wrecking chroniclers
The games itself for being very interesting

contra:
playing 2 times against the same deck / playing only 2 times
The time for running up so fast
me for making play mistakes


So, I'm waiting for the next T2 / block mini on magic league... I'm Jadefeuer over there, just msg me if you wanna play!

see you there

Keine Kommentare: